I really love baking when I have some time off, because I think it’s really fun to do. Especially during the colder months I tend to be more excited about baking because it’s the time of pumpkin pies, christmas cookies and every thing else holidayish.
I personally really like using cinnamon when I’m baking something in the fall or winter time, because I feel like it’s perfect for this season, and it just tastes delicious. So I decided I wanted to make some cinnamon rolls, and I’ve found the perfect (and super easy!) recipe for it!
The recipe I’m going to share with you is my personal favorite, because normally cinnamon rolls would take quite a lot of time to make, if you would want to make them completely from scratch. But this recipe uses crescent roll dough which you can just buy at the supermarket, which saves you a lot of time!
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 packed cup & 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take any small casserole dish and lightly coat it with some melted butter. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Making the cinnamon rolls: Take the crescent roll dough out of the packaging and carefully unravel the dough into a rectangular shape. Lightly coat the dough with some melted butter with a pastry brush. Make sure to leave 1/4 inch of the boarders free of any butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture right on top of where you coated the dough with the melted butter, and spread it out evenly. If you have any leftover butter, you can sprinkle it on top of the cinnamon sugar.
- Tightly roll up the dough, and slice it into 8 pieces. Transfer the pieces into your prepared baking dish, and make sure to place them cut side up. Leave them in the oven for around 20-25 minutes. (or until golden brown)
- To make the glaze: Combine the butter and cream cheese together in a mixing bowl, and add the lemon juice and vanilla. While mixing, slowly add the powdered sugar until it’s fully incorporated. Drizzle glaze over the top of your just baked cinnamon rolls.
I’ve already used this recipe several times now, because it’s just so good! But I have to say, I can not take any credit for this recipe because I’ve found it on the Popsugar website. So definitely check out their website too if you’re interested in this recipe.