Hi everyone! Summer is here, and when I think about summer I think about fun and bright colors when it comes to lipstick. On top of that I hate wearing a lot of makeup when it’s very warm outside, because I feel like everything melts of your face in the heat, and girl, that ain’t very cute. So I tend to go for less on the face and eyes and a fun color on my lips to make it look a bit more put together. So this is the perfect time of the year to whip out all of your colorful lip products, and I will share my top 5 with you today!
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Tailored To Tease – This is MAC’s version of a liquid lipstick, so it has a matte formula. A very matte formula! This particular color is perfect for the summer time, because it’s very bright and fun. I don’t have anything similar to this in my collection. It’s a beautiful bright fuschia.
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in Fuchsia Ecstasy – Another fuchsia color, and another matte formula. But it looks very different from the MAC one. This one is a lot more pink and less purple than the MAC one. It also has more of a satin finish rather than a matte finish which makes this lipstick a bit more comfortable to wear. And again… very bright and fun! (I did a full review on the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids which you can check out here.)
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon – The Revlon lip butters are very moisturizing lipsticks, and they leave a nice sheen on the lips. As the name already says, they are very buttery and smooth. I love these in summer because they look a bit more natural but still give your lips a summery color. This particular shade is a beautiful watermelon pink and makes your lips look nice and juicy.
- NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Free Spirit – Orange lipcolors are on trend this season, so I couldn’t leave this one out. This is a very creamy lipstick, with a lot of pigmentation. This colour is a clean orange, which looks beautiful with a tan.
- NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel – I know, this is not a lipstick, but the butter glosses are one of my favorite lip products so I had to include one of them. This shade is the prettiest peach color. Perfect when you want to go for a more natural look, but you still want a little pop of colour.
From left to right: MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Tailored to Tease – Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in Fuchsia Ecstasy – Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon – NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Free Spirit – NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel
I really hope you guys enjoyed this post, and found some inspiration for lipsticks to wear this summer!